- It’s a good rule of thumb to aim for six days of practice and expect five. For students in a 30-minute lesson, a daily practice session would be 15- 30 minutes. For students in a 60-minute lesson, a daily practice session would be 45- 60 minutes.
- Ask questions during lessons! I want you to understand the assignments and expectations.
- There will be various music books to purchase – most available through Amazon.com. Please purchase quickly for your student’s lessons.
- Encourage progress – many small steps throughout the year yield big results!
- Remind your child of daily practice and help them to schedule this practice time in their daily routine.
- Communicate with the teacher about any questions or concerns you have regarding your student’s progress and lesson involvement.
- Provide each student with the personal attention necessary to develop his/her individual talents.
- Guide each student to a greater understanding and enjoyment of a variety of musical styles.
- Encourage a feeling of success at each student’s individual rate of learning.
- Guide each student towards musical independence through a program of theory, technique and music.
The studio operates on a semester basis. Fall semester runs from 9/5/17 through 2/9/18, Spring semester runs from 2/12/18 through 6/29/18. Voice studio tuition is paid in monthly installments. Payment can be made in cash or check. Tuition is due by the last lesson of the preceding month. Late payments incur a $10 fee. Tuition payments are non-refundable.
- 30-minute lesson
- $100/ monthly installment
- 60-minute lesson
- $200/ monthly installment
The student’s tuition fee reserves time in the studio schedule. Students are expected to attend all scheduled lessons each fall and spring semester. Please plan lesson times and other engagements accordingly.
If it is necessary to cancel a lesson, call 716-628-5554 to cancel 48 hours in advance. With proper cancellation, a student can swap lesson times with another student, or schedule a make-up lesson on one of the make-up dates. Each student can schedule a maximum of two make-up lessons per semester.
- Saturday, November 4th
- Saturday, January 27th
- Saturday, April 14th
- Saturday, June 16th
- November 20th- 24th (Thanksgiving)
- December 25th- January 5th (Winter Break)
- March 26th- 30th (Holy Week)
- July- August (Summer Break)
Should lessons be cancelled due to bad weather; the lessons will be rescheduled.
All students are encouraged to participate in two recitals each year. A fee of $25 is assessed per recital to cover administrative, facility, and pianist expenses. Family and friends are welcome to attend!
- Saturday, February 10th @ 3 pm, Nativity Lutheran Church
- Saturday, June 23rd @ 3 pm, Nativity Lutheran Church
CONTACT or call (716) 628-5554